Originally Posted March 24, 2021.
Job Title: Global Copywriter Lead
Hours: 15-20 Hours per Week
Pay: $19 USD per Hour
Accepting résumés until April 11, 2021.
Please send résumé and cover letter to [email protected]
GoPhilanthropic is a US-registered 501(c)(3).
GoPhilanthropic Foundation partners and provides financial grants and organizational support to a carefully vetted group of small grassroots organizations worldwide, providing practical, creative, and sustainable solutions to global issues.
Located in Asia, Africa, and Central America, our portfolio of some 40 partners in 7 different countries represents a collection of courageous people quietly accomplishing great things. The same goes for the GoPhil team. We partner with small organizations, tackling significant global issues such as child labor, human trafficking, gender bias, FGM, a lack of access to health care and education. All partner programs have education at the core of their missions.
Developing genuine partnerships with each partner organization and the GoPhil donor community raises awareness and funding for partner programs and supports them in maximizing and spreading the impact of their work.
Summary of Position
GoPhil is an exciting phase of creating new development/fundraising and marketing strategies to diversify its fundraising sources, attract new donors and deepen its relationship with existing donors. We are transitioning from a volunteer-led to a staff-based model.
We are looking for someone who has a way with storytelling that can connect the human spirit to our vision, who can craft personal messages to current donors, and provide content for new donors who are seeking a unique philanthropic experience. We focus on empowerment over poverty, education over the “white- savior complex,” and listening in a truly genuine manner to GoPhil partners.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Development team, providing new ideas and insights and copywriting for marketing and fundraising initiatives. He/she will also work closely with our Programs team on partner updates from around the globe. This position is entirely remote, as is the entire team, with flexible hours. The GoPhil team is diverse in life experiences and personalities; we live around the globe, we support and care for each other, and respect the expertise each person brings to the table. We believe passionately in the importance of reimagining philanthropy and in challenging ourselves to think differently daily.
- Act as the primary writer and connect the dots to support sharing a consistent, cohesive, and compelling story across all mediums, targeting various age-groups.
- Write, edit, and share program update content for both existing and new donors through various channels.
- Write and edit digital content for fundraising campaigns, newsletters, blog posts, and annual reports in line with GoPhil’s vision and strategy.
- Work with both the Development team and Program teams to receive content and donor specifics.
- Provide Benefit Innovation by supporting enhanced GoPhil efficiencies and effectiveness
- Recommend ways to improve active communication at every touchpoint for various age groups.
- Participate in developing a communications schedule and process of execution.
- Recommend ways to streamline communications processes to make the most of current resources.
- Work with marketing contractor and establish timelines for publication in-line with GoPhil marketing/fundraising calendar – which may need an overhaul.
- Strong customer focus- donors, partners.
- Excellent communications – ability to collaborate and network effectively with others and creative writing skills.
- Experience in developing promotional and donor cultivation materials for a nonprofit.
- Experience in working with social media, web-based tools, Microsoft Office, and other web-based applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage various tasks simultaneously.
- People management skills- ability to work with a virtual team and have an appreciation of cultural diversity.
- Learning agility- able to deal with the ambiguous, ever-changing landscape of philanthropy.
- Ability to take an idea from conception to implementation.
- Big picture thinker while also having attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, self-confident, compassionate individual with a passion for the nonprofit world. The candidate will exhibit a strong understanding of GoPhil’s values and mission and will have the following at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- 2-3 Years relevant experience in a related field.
- Some experience working with not-for-profit organizations with international experience a plus.
- English, both spoken and written, with the ability to speak and write in another language a plus.
Salary and Hours
A part-time contractor position with a 6-month contract to start, the schedule is flexible based on workload, time zones, and the role’s needs. Approximately 15- 20 hours per week, flex time, anticipating maximum hours occurring during fall months for the end-of-year giving campaign. GoPhil is a small organization with a budget under $750K. Our goal in adding a new staff member to the team is to increase donor satisfaction and retention, leading to additional funding support. This position reports to the Director of Development and Fundraising.
Travel once per year, either domestically or Internationally, with GoPhilanthropic Travel may be an option.