A TRANSFORMATIVE PLATFORM FOR GLOBAL LEARNING & ENGAGEMENT.
The word “philanthropy” is in our brand, and so is the word GO… an active verb. Our donor community is just that — ACTIVE. They are motivated to do more than write a check, have a genuine desire to be personally involved in global issues and share a belief that education is the single most powerful tool in the fight against poverty. GoPhil provides a dynamic, transformative platform for donors to learn about and become partners in the positive change that is taking place at the grassroots.
Philanthropy is about caring for, and respecting, all the points of light on the magnificent web of life — ensuring an open and easy flow of every currency that circulates between all points – of rights, resources, ideas and opportunities – because they are ours to be SHARED.
- ACCESS to supporting grassroots, front-line partners tackling major global issues relating to health, education, and human rights.
- A platform to LEARN about relevant issues facing the world today—an exploration of the root causes, and the various approaches being used to drive change.
- The opportunity to TRAVEL and ENGAGE first-hand with the programs they support.
- Invitations to attend events and be a part of our growing, vibrant globally-minded COMMUNITY.
- Exploration of the various ways to make a PERSONAL difference.
To ensure that GoPhilanthropic Foundation donors and prospective donor have full confidence in the Foundation and the causes we support, we commit the following to our donors:
- To be informed of our mission, of the way we intend to use donated resources, and of our capacity to use donations effectively for intended purposes.
- To be informed of the members of our board of directors and expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to our most recent financial statements.
- To be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition of your gifts.
- To be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to you will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for your name to be deleted from mailing lists that we may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.